1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge this week falls on John Chapman's birth date. He's more famously known as Johnny Appleseed...what's your favorite variety of apple? Hum.....if I have to eat an apple I guess it would be a Red Delicious. I'm not much on apples or for that fact, any fruit. It pained my dear Mom that I never developed a taste for fruit, but I think it's a texture thing for me. I will eat it in congealed salads occasionally but even then, it depends on what it is. Banana's are a big "no no."
~I know, really weird~
2. When did you last say 'ick'? Just this past Monday. I opened a cabinet in the laundry room and somehow some furniture buffing product I have had leaked out of the container and can I just tell you that it was purely gross. It mixed with the Rubbermaid covering I had down and ruined that and made a sticky mess. I did succeed at getting it cleaned up and the covering was thrown away.
3. Do you think there's a generation gap? Explain. Oh, I do! And, it's most obvious to me in the way church is "done" these days. Oh, my goodness, I'd still be perfectly content with 2 to 3 verses of the good ole hymns of the faith but seems, in most churches, they've been replaced by the choruses which are sung a minimum of 7 times each. ~grin~ And, I'm afraid that a lot of the kind of worship that I've always been use to has more or less been replaced with a certain amount of entertainment. Now, before you go jumping to conclusions, I am not opposed to change, change can be good and if that is what it takes to get folks to church so they can hear the Gospel, then that's just the way it will have to be. But, I don't "get it." What ever happened to the days of folks going to church because it is the Lord's Day and that is what we do on the Lord's Day? No questions asked and it certainly wasn't a time of entertainment, but rather just good ole worship AND everyone wore their Sunday best. But, one thing for sure, the way the message is presented may have changed, but the message will NEVER change! Okay, let me hush! I suppose I just really "showed my age" with that answer. ~smile~
4. What's on your computer screen saver? Do you leave it alone or change it often? I have the floating bubbles as my screen saver and as my display I have the blue drape and I never change it.
5. If you had the attention of the entire world for two minutes, what would you say? Well, there's a lot but the first thing that came to my mind was that the decisions you make will forever affect your life be it good or bad. Be wise and think through the decisions you make. I could definitely elaborate on that for 2 minutes without nary a problem for sure.
I just purchased the above pants from Cabi and still can't believe I did. But, they are a very muted and I thought they looked really good and I have the perfect black top to wear with them. I'm not much on printed pants because of my back side. It seems that prints can make a tush, no matter how small, look, well, you know what I'm talking about. And, I love, love lace and have a couple of long jackets made of vintage looking lace.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Hubby and I are leaving Gainsville, Texas this morning. We're on our way to Dodge City to celebrate Clancy's 4th birthday this Saturday. We decided to get part of the long 13 hour drive under our belt yesterday afternoon so we drove about 6 of the hours. ~yea~ We'll arrive in Dodge sometime early afternoon. ~double yea~
I'll probably not have another blog entry this week, but I'll have lots to show and tell when we return home from this big celebration.