1. What question do you often ask yourself?
Am I using my time as wisely as I could and should? I am a highly organized individual and lead a very structured life, but that does NOT mean that I always use my time as wisely as I should by any means. There are so many things vying for our time and I think that balancing the things of real importance and eternal value with those of less importance is key.
2. Do you grow roses? What's your favorite color of rose? Ever been given a dozen roses? Where was the prettiest rose or rose garden you remember seeing?
No, I do not grow roses, but my husband has Fairy Roses in our back flower beds. He is about to add some Knockout Roses to the mix. They are so pretty and will be a lovely addition to our yard.
Yes, I have been given a dozen roses several times and yellow roses with reddish tips are my favorite.
3. Do you read the freshness dates on grocery store products? Will you use eggs past their 'use by' date? Take medication that's expired? Buy a dented can?
I do read the freshness dates and am amazed at how often the date has passed and the goods are still on the grocery shelf. Aggravates me too death! I have, in a pinch, used eggs past their date, but generally I do not. Again, in a pinch, I have used medication that has expired. NO, I do not buy dented cans, not even in a pinch!
4. Should athletes be role models?
I think anyone can be a role model if they are deserving of it. But, the interpretation of "deserving" would differ greatly among individuals. I'll just leave it at that for now.
5. Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal became the first explorers to reach the top of Mt. Everest on this date (May 29) back in 1953. What's something you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
WOW! I've thought so much about that since my big 60th birthday last July. I want to enter heaven's gates at the end of my life and hear the Lord say, "well done thy good and faithful servant." I'm afraid that I have often failed miserably in this area but thankfully, I serve a God that has not finished with me yet. As long as I have the breath of life in me, I can continue to strive to serve Him more faithfully. Of course, being a Godly wife, mother, Grandmother and daughter and a Christian witness all enter into serving Him faithfully and I desire for that to be my greatest achievement. Hopefully I will continue to make strides in this area.
6. What would you do if you had twenty acres of land and the money to develop it any way you choose?
I think a lot about Hubby and I downsizing both in house and land and I would love for our town to have a subdivision with nothing but patio/garden homes. So, I would develop a "top notch" subdivision for this type of house. And, it could be for anyone, young and older. I do not care anything about ever living in an area that is confined to all one age group. I enjoy having all ages as neighbors. I can just see it now, gorgeous smaller Southern homes!
7. If I invite you to a party with a 7 PM start time, what time will I actually see you there?
I would arrive between 6:50 and 6:55PM, anything later would be late as far as I'm concerned. ~big grin~ I don't want to miss any part of any event that I attend.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
|The Grans enjoying picking some flowers|
Bridget was at her husband's family reunion in Oklahoma last weekend and was over half way here, so she decided to come on and visit a few days.
Can I just say that for this "planner woman" it has been a wild ride the past few days. But, we have had a wonderful time and the best part is seeing my two precious grans enjoy spending time together.
I'll be posting about our trip and our time with our daughter when the dust settles and things get back to some kind of normalcy. ~whatever that is~ For now, I'm busy making memories!