Well, I don't mean to sound trite when I say this, but LIFE! We never know what it's going to throw our way and to say it can sometimes be very tricky, well, that would be an understatement. I sometimes feel like I've had more than my share of trickiness in recent years.~smile~ But, hey, I somehow manage to keep "rising above."
~thank the Lord~
2. What's your treat of choice?
Humm.........I assume we are talking about food and if so, it would be a warm piece of Pecan Pie. I'm not tempted by much in the sweet department, but if Pecan Pie is an option, then I'm probably going to indulge in a at least a bite or two.
3. Did you/will you carve a jack-o-lantern this month? Which real (living or dead) or fictional 'Jack' would you most like to meet in person? Why?
Oh, it has been years since I carved a pumpkin, guess since my now, 34 and 37 year old children were little. And, even then it was not something that I took a lot of pleasure in doing. Loved what it looked like when a candle was put in, but the carving was work!
The first Jack that came to my mind was Jack Lord, star of Hawaii-Five-O. I loved that show and I guess if he were nearby and I could meet him , that would be nice but I've certainly never given meeting him a thought until this very moment. ~grin! And, since he's dead, not much chance I'm going to meet him in this life. ~smile~
4. In your opinion, what's the grossest sounding word in the English language?
I absolutely cannot stand to hear someone use the word "sucks." I not only think it is gross but nasty as well. As far as I'm concerned it has no place in anyone's vocabulary!!!
5. When did your heart last skip a beat?
About two weeks ago a lizard got in our house. I didn't know it until I was walking down the hallway that night and he was slithering by. I screamed bloody murder and not only did my heart skip a beat, but my dear Hubby's heart skipped a beat because he was certain that someone had attack me. When he found out it was "only" a lizard he was NOT happy with me. ~need I say more~
6. Monster Mash by Bobby 'Boris' Picket, Michael Jackson's Thriller, Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, or Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters...your favorite 'scary' tune?
It would have to be Ghostbusters as our son was 8 and our daughter was 5 when the first Ghostbuster movie came out and that song was all we heard for months and months to come. Shucks, I even found myself singing it, it was such a cute and catchy tune. Now, I'll probably sing it the rest of today since I've got it on my mind.
7. It was a dark and stormy night when..... From Snoopy quotes: “It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly, a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.” ~only Snoopy~
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just recently purchased some of the new battery operated candles with timers. What will they think of next??? I mean, I am thrilled too death with them and now every evening at 5:30, Hubby and I get to enjoy candles burning. I have them set to burn for 5 hours and then they go off and come on again the next day at 5:30. And, the candles flicker, which makes them even more realistic. I get plum excited when they come on each evening and thoroughly enjoy their calming presence. ~ I know, it doesn't take much for some folks.~ But, in case you are interested in purchasing some, here's the site - www.batteryoperatedcandles.net And, the price is very reasonable compared to some I've seen and the candles are waxy and uneven at the top. Can you tell, I'm proud of these "smart" candles.