1. It's been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
I do think it's true. I try to remember to say, "this is the day The Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" before my feet ever hit the floor. There's certainly been many times that I truly didn't feel like rejoicing or being glad but it still planted a most positive thought in my mind to begin the day.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I am in! I have sung a lot in my life, solos and duets and ensembles. So, I'm all in for the fun of karaoke.
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
The acceptance of any and all behavior by our society, certainly not just recently but all I've heard ( I did not see them) about the Grammy Awards brought it to mind in the past couple of days. It's more than puzzling!
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
When Hubby had his hip replacement about 7 years ago I spent my time with him in the hospital working Sudoku puzzles and really enjoyed it. But, don't think I've worked any since that time. I guess I should put a Sodoku app on my Iphone and IPad. It's great brain exercise!
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here.
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Oh, me! I think women have far more opportunities than they have ever had and if they are qualified, then the sky is the limit. And the same for men! I do think that some careers are obviously more suited for one gender or the other, but it appears that some women are bound and determined to make it in a mans world. More power to them! But, housework and motherhood is definitely REAL work regardless of what anyone may think or say.
6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?
8. Insert your own random thought here.