1. Are you a force to be reckoned with? In what way?
Well, I can be..........In the past 2+ years that my Dad has been sick that description has been said of me in reference to his care. I have been his advocate and during his long hospital stays and while in the nursing facility, I was definitely a force to be reckoned with. All I expected was that the folks take care of his needs and as long as they did, all was good. But, there were times they failed and that's when I began howling. I pray if I need an advocate that I'll have one as good as myself. ~just sayin'~
2. What are two things you love about the wintertime? Or, if love feels like too strong a word, what are two things you 'like' about winter?
I'm glad Joyce threw the word "like" in there because I do not love winter at all. But, I do enjoy sweaters and boots, so that would be my two things I like about winter. And, I do enjoy getting cozy with an afghan in my recliner on a cold evening. So, guess that makes 3.
3. Pomegranate, kumquat, persimmon, kiwi, and guava are all fruits said to have health benefits, particularly during the winter months. Do you have a favorite on the list? Are there any on the list you haven't tried?
Oh, this is terrible but I have never tried any of these. I am not a fruit lover either and I really do hate that because fruit is so good for you. I do enjoy good grapes and an apple occasionally,but that's about it. ~shame on me~ And, why anyone wants to ruin a delicious Broccoli Salad by putting raisins in it is beyond me! Ugh!
4. I passed a local church yesterday and noticed they had this on their outdoor sign- 'When all else fails, do the right thing.' Your thoughts?
Well,it definitely sounds good and it is a very good concept, but as we know, sometimes even doing the right thing, you can fail. But, I do believe we all benefit in the long run by "doing the right thing."
5. Do you ski? According to one list I've seen, the top 5 ski destinations for 2014 are-St. Anton Austria, Whistler Canada, Cortina Italy, Tahoe USA, and Zermatt Switzerland. Of the five listed, which would you most like to visit? We can make skiing optional if that helps the non-skiers with their answer.
Thank goodness, skiing is optional! I've have never had a desire to ski but I would love to visit Switzerland. All the beauty I see in pictures, I'd love to see in person.
6. What's the last thing you looked for online? (Besides my blog!)I looked up how to do something on Outlook. It's something that I had not done in a long, long time and I had to refresh my memory. Of course, I found the answer in a flash and had the task taken care of. ~oh, the joy of the internet~
7. What saying, slogan, quote, or motto have you seen lately that inspires you for the new year?
This caught my eye on Pinterest the other day..........
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last season of American Idol just about did me in! I didn't watch it like I had in previous years and Nikki whatever her name is was absolutely pitiful! Apparently AI got the message from their viewers and it appears that they have a revamped season beginning tonight with some decent judges. I am half way excited and only hope that I am not disappointed. If so, then I'll probably hang it up forever. Time will tell..............