1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups of Old Fashioned oatmeal
1 cup of milk
Melt butter in microwave and then put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well blended. Pour into a 9X13 pan (I used glass). Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (or until slightly firm to touch and a golden brown). You can add your favorite nuts, craisins, raisins, or chopped apple if you so desire.
NOTE: Mine was ready in 26 minutes, so I would recommend watching it closely after about 25 minutes. And, I did some calculating on all the ingredients and figured out that if you cut the dish into 12 pieces that each piece would have approximately 250 calories. That isn't bad for such a large piece and for something that good.
Texas Fruit Cake Candy/Cookies
I small can coconut
1/2 lb. candied cherries
1/2 lb. candied pineapple
2 1/2 cups whole pecans
1/2 cup flour
1 can condensed milk
Mix all ingredients and drop by spoonfuls in miniature muffin tins. Place pan of water on bottom rack of oven under the muffin tins. Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes until brown. Makes 48. Do not overbake as they will get very dry. Keep in sealed container.
Plantation Pound Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Cake Mix
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Coconut
Sunshine Gelatin Mold
Sunshine Gelatin Mold Recipe 15
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in ice cream until melted. Stir in oranges and pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Las Vegas Chicken
8 boneless chicken breasts
1 – 2 jars of Dried Beef (about 3 slices per breast)
1 pack of thick cut bacon
16 ounces of sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery
1 soup can of milk ( or more if needed)
Pound/Hack chicken breast flat. Rinse the dried beef. Mix soups, sour cream and milk and set aside (mixture will be thick). Pepper each breast and then place 3 slices of the dried beef on top of the breast. Roll tightly and wrap ½ - ¾ piece of bacon around middle and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 9X13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam. Once all breasts have been placed in dish, spoon the soup/sour cream mixture over each breast and in-between them. Bake at 375 degrees 1 – 1 ½ hours covered until last 10 minutes.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) packages kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, with liquid
- 2 (15.2 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, with liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, garlic and onion; cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off grease, and transfer the contents of the skillet to a large pot.
- Pour the tomatoes into the pot with the meat, and stir in the potatoes, pinto beans, corn, diced tomatoes with chilies, mixed vegetables and water. Season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for at least 1 hour. Stir occasionally. The longer this stew cooks, the better it gets.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat. Dredge berries in remaining flour. Gently fold floured berries into the batter. Grease and dust a tube pan with confectioners' sugar or flour; pour batter into it. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until it tests done.
- 6 oz lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
11 oz. mandarin oranges, drained
8 oz unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
Number of Servings: 12
- 2 (8 inch) pie shells, baked
- 2 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar and corn starch; make sure to blend corn starch in completely. Add boiling water, and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mix, and stir until smooth. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberries in baked pie shells; position berries with points facing up. Pour cooled gel mixture over strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.