1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
Well, that sounds pretty mad to me and I can't remember being that mad in way longer than I can remember. I did get very, very aggravated at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago because of their lack of checkers and all the self checkouts were out of commission. There's just no excuse for such from an entity such as Wal-Mart.
2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
I've never been to Mardi Gras and likely am one of the few Louisianana's that hasn't. No, I have zero interest in going. I'm not the least bit into wild crowds and folks acting a fool. I have gold and purple in my wardrobe but generally do not wear purple unless it is an LSU football weekend. Purple is not one of my better colors. ~sigh~ And, I have lots of muted gold in my home but not a bit of purple and green.
3. Are you old fashioned?
Webster defines old fashioned as.....
in or according to styles or types no longer current or common; not modern
Hummmmm.......not totally but definitely in many ways. Such as: sex outside of marriage is WRONG, woman's bodies were made to be covered and we are to dress modestly, there is a time that hose are still appropriate for a women's legs and there is still a time to dress up and I see Sunday as one of those times. And, I think that there are still times that women need to wear a slip. Yep, guess I'm more old-fashioned that I realized. And, I love a man that is a gentleman and thankfully I am married to one.
4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
Oh, my goodness, yes, I plan vacations carefully. It's the only way to get the most out of your time away as far as I'm concerned. I cannot stand to fly by the seat of my pants and figure it out as we go along. Now, some places one can definitely be more spontaneous but if there's a lot to see and do, then I'm all about planning.
5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
Well, I'm not sure that Ranch Dressing would be classified as a sauce, but I can't think of a sauce that I'm all that crazy about. Putting Ranch Dressing on a salad is just one of the many ways I use it. I use it and nothing else on my baked potatoes, and dip all manner of food items in it, such as fried pickles and fried green beans. Oh, my, sooooo good!!!
6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
Can I just say that it does not take much to bring a tear to my eye. I can cry at the absolute drop of a hat! Anything concerning my family, knowing someone is going through a difficult time, watching someone struggle, certain songs and the list goes on and on. Yes, I am definitely a "crier."
7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
I'm not much into sports but since I live in Louisiana and we have the Saints football team, guess I'll choose them. As you can tell, I'm not all that enthusiastic about it. ~duh!~
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While I have never been to Mardi Gras, I do absolutely love Mardi Gras decor and I always decorate our front porch and door in true Mardi Gras fashion after Christmas. Since yesterday was Fat Tuesday and today is Ash Wednesday, I thought it only right that I share our door with you today. No, there's no green and purple inside my house, but there's plenty on our door and porch right now. But, that will be down in the next few days and replaced with the colors of Spring. Yes, Spring, it is coming isn't it????