1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Oh, that's easy, Clancy and his Momma were here visiting and we were busy having fun. So, it worked well that HP was on a break because I truly did not have time for it last week. ~smile~
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Yes, it definitely feels like summer but, except for a couple of really humid days, it has been perfect weather wise. It has not gotten above 95 yet.
A perfect summer day is beautiful weather, a little work and whole lot of fun with family or friends.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
Webster defines laziness as: the quality of being unwilling to work or use energy, idleness. So, with that definition I do not think that laziness is ever respectable because everyone needs to be willing to work if they are able. As the saying goes, "idle hands are the devil's workshop." ~I do believe that~
My summer would probably be classified as pretty "laid back" this year. We have no big travel plans due to the house construction but we will be taking some short trips. Hubby doesn't want his eye away from the construction for too long at a time and I'm in agreement. He has a very keen eye when it comes to construction and he's going to do his best to make sure things are done right from the start. ~we shall see~
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Hugh Reilly who played Paul Martin on the show, Lassie (aired from 1954-1971) He was always such a pleasant and gentle man and even when he was aggravated with Timmy, he always displayed kindness. I loved everything about that show! He didn't really remind me of my Dad or I don't remember thinking that "back in the day." But, my Dad was and still is a very special man. ~grin~
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
Well, I can't recall just one favorite but rather many. Money was tight, tight for most of my "growing up" years and picnics were something that we often did for fun, since they basically cost nothing. Mom would pack the best lunches and we'd go to a nearby park, eat and then my brother and I would get to play on the swings, merry go round and slides. Those times are definitely a favorite memory for me. ~simpler times for sure~
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
I would choose The Outer Hebrides in Scotland. After reading about it on Google, it looks to be beautiful and I've always had sort of yearning to go to Scotland. I don't know exactly why other than I do have some Scottish blood in me. But, it is highly more likely that I would go to Marco Island since it is in the US. We've done foreign travel, but I truly have no more interest in it and I would have to leave the US to get to Scotland, so I'll just dream about that one. ~chuckle~
8. Insert your own random thought here.