Our house is somewhat of a hodgepodge right now. Empty boxes are sitting around downstairs waiting to be packed and the upstairs has packed boxes everywhere. The dining room table has items waiting to be packed sitting on it. Things are still very neat but very much a hodgepodge and it's quite obvious as you look around the house that "something is going on." ~just 3-4 more months~
2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?
A time of kindness and generosity prevailing.
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?
Buckeyes! I love, love chocolate with peanut butter and these fit the bill. They are a peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate. A caterer here in town makes them every Christmas and I always get a couple of dozen from her and eat a few and share a few. It's the only time of year that I even think of them. ~sugary goodness~
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
Anytime our family is together and enjoying each other is a wonderful time of year and the fact that we are celebrating our Savior's birth makes this time of year all the more wonderful.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
Oh, my, I can't remember the last word but it was probably just a day or two ago. I am always looking up words, mostly for spelling. Sometimes I have issues with not even being able to spell a word well enough to find it on the internet. ~what a shame~
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
I enjoy decorating the dining table and sideboard and neither of them will be decorated this year. Just too deep into the packing to do anything outside of a tree this year.
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
It is so interesting to see the various way we all interrupt the questions and that, of course, affects the way we answer. Hardly a week goes by that I don't chuckle at the different answers due to different interruptions. ~keeps it interesting for sure~
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One of my friend's DIL has a photography business and while she was in town last week she did "pictures with Santa." My DIL took Hanna Beth and had her pictures done with him and they turned out just adorable! I think the one of her and Santa walking down the road looks like a Norman Rockwell print.
~makes my heart smile~