Oh, this is so easy.........but there are two that immediately came to my mind and they come to my mind almost daily. First one, "this too shall pass." Second one, "let it happen, don't make it happen." Oh, and there was a third, "eat to live, don't live to eat."
~a wise woman, she was~
2. What is a scent you associate with your mother or your childhood home?
Chanel #5 perfume. My Dad would splurge when we really didn't have the money for splurging, and buy Mom Chanel #5 perfume for special occasions. I remember thinking that was a big deal!!
3. What's an activity you remember always doing with your mother (or someone who was a mother figure in your life)?
I currently have a few maxi dresses and a couple of jumpsuits and I love them all. The maxi dresses I have are a bit on the dressier side and I think they are very feminine. The one thing I do not like about the jumpsuits is the issue of going to the bathroom. Oh, my goodness! ~need I say more~
5. May 6th is Teacher Appreciation Day and also Nurse Appreciation Day. Is there a nurse or teacher you have especially appreciated along the way? Tell us why?
As long as I have a functioning brain I will always remember my first grade teacher, Mrs. Wilma Morton. She was such a dear and had such a way of making me feel so, so special. She was the reason that my parents took me to the eye Dr. and found out that I was legally blind. Mrs. Morton told my parents that I got terribly frustrated when she wrote anything on the board and it did not help when she moved me to the front row. I was a "changed child" when I got glasses and suddenly realized that trees had leaves.
~ no joke~
6. If I came by your house, what would I find on your frig door?
I have family pictures, pictures of missionaries that we pray for, cute magnets and artwork by the Grans. I'm a tad bit sad that when we move I will not be able to have anything hanging on my refrigerator unless I use tape. ~and that's pretty tacky~ Magnets will not work on stainless steel. I may have to hang a bulletin board at our back entrance.
7. Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana made her royal entrance on Saturday, May 2nd. On a scale of 1-10, how much attention did you give to all the news coverage? 1=Who's Charlotte? 10=sat glued to the telly, cuppa in hand.
I sat down to the computer at some point on Sat. and saw on Fox News website that the baby had been born. I had no idea she was even due at this time and for all I knew she could have been born 2 months ago. AND, when I saw the picture of Kate leaving the hospital 10 hours after giving birth, looking like she just stepped out of Saks Fifth Avenue, I just shook my head and felt sorry for her. I mean, there was no doubt in my mind that she had to absolutely put on a front and grin and bear it. ~how crazy~
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Meet Bella! Bella is our Granddog. Our son and family were gone this past weekend and they asked us if we would go over and let Bella out a few times while they were gone. We said we'd just let her stay over here. They were rather shocked as they know that we are NOT inside dog folks. Bella is a toy poodle and a good dog, as dogs go. ~smile~ We did have fun with her and she was good but it just reaffirmed that we are NOT inside dog folks. But, isn't she the cutest perched on the back of our sofa.