It's another Wednesday and another Hodgepodge. I was busy making memories last week with my Grans but think I picked a good week to miss. The questions would have been very taxing to my brain. Today's are more my speed. ~chuckle~ Hats off to Joyce for her faithfulness week in and week out.
Well, not sure I'll give anything away tomorrow but I've given more stuff away in recent months, so hopefully that will count. As I've been packing I've taken boxes and bags of stuff to our local ministry thrift store. They do a huge business and it is such a worthy cause and I feel good knowing that items I can no longer use, or do not choose to use again are going to someone who can use them.
Who knows, I might actually go by there today with a bag or two.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
I probably have more than one but the first one that came to my mind was, "don't put it down, put it up." I've pretty much always lived by this principal and it makes keeping a neat and tidy house so much easier. For example, when you take your clothes off, either hang them up or put them in the dirty clothes. Why would you do anything else with them??~just sayin'~
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
That would be ME!! And, I go way too often, probably 3-4 times a week. And, yes, I make a list and I check the item off once I put it in the basket. ~gives me a sense of accomplishment~
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
I'm not much of a television person and if I do it's generally something on HGTV, or Dateline or 48 Hour Mystery and The Voice, when it's on.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
Oh, my goodness, no doubt about it, mine is JUST. My daughter brought it to my attention some time ago and I think I've gotten much better since that time. At least I hope I have!
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
Never heard of such and can't imagine a young person desiring to do so. But, there's so much weird stuff today that I shouldn't be surprised by this. Since it's not immoral, illegal or unethical, and,if that's what they want, more power to them.
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
“In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.”
—Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank
Such a great book and I just recently re-watched the movie. And, wouldn't we all like to believe this statement.
8. Insert your own random thought here.