I'm always thinking of content for blog posts and thought that sharing some of my pet peeves might be a fun and interesting post. I mean, we all have them, so why not just put them out there. Hope you enjoy!
1. It is so aggravating to buy an item and the price sticker is attached like it was applied with super glue. I mean, can't they apply all price stickers with easy removal adhesive. And, I've even bought cloth place mats that had price stickers that made the biggest mess and practically ruined the place mat in the process of removing it. Aggravation!
2. Now, if you are guilty of this, then I do apologize in advance. But, I do not think Facebook is the appropriate place for an unspoken prayer request. It is so interesting to me how folks will put on there that they have an IMMEDIATE prayer need but either won't or can't share what it is. Well, to me, that is the type of prayer request that needs to be shared with your closest of friends or perhaps no one. I have had prayer concerns in my life that were never shared with anyone outside of the Lord. All a post like that does is cause folks to wonder and imagine what in the world the need is and often they conjure up something entirely wrong. Just my thoughts.........
3. And, speaking of Facebook, why on earth can't we change our profile picture without anyone knowing it and it not be published for everyone to see. I like to change mine but I HATE that I cannot do it privately. I think it can appear a bit self proclaiming. Ugh!
4. I am big on having a ticket for any and all purchases that I make and that includes gas. But, more times than not when I go to pump my gas the pump is out of paper and as a result I do not get a receipt. In fact, it's gotten to where I am actually surprised when I do get a receipt.
5. I think there should be a law against automated customer service. When I call a business, I WANT to talk to an English speaking individual. I do not want to have to listen to choices and punch the appropriate number. I applaud any business that still pays an individual to route their calls and on the other end is a helpful person.
6. I am not a speed demon by any stretch of the imagination. I do go the speed limit most of the time and if I am not I certainly do not drive in the left hand lane. It is more than aggravating when someone is driving leisurely along in the left hand lane blocking others from passing someone else. It's their choice to drive under the speed limit for sure but they need to do it in the right hand lane.
7. And, last but not least..........if I am attending a function and it is suppose to start at a given time then I am more than appreciative that it does start at the stated time. I have been to affairs that started as much as 15+ minutes late with no explanation, which left me thinking that they just weren't conscious of other folks time, nor did they care. Most everyone's time is precious to them and just as valuable as anyone else's. Some folks seem to think their time is all that matters. Nope, that's wrong!
Okay, there you have a few of my pet peeves. I'm betting I might have hit upon one or two of yours as well.
NOTE: I may or may not get another blog post done before I fly out to Virginia on Monday. Just know I'll have all kinds of fodder when I return.