1. Pokemon Go...your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?
Well, I plead ignorance. I've definitely heard of Pokemon but only heard of Pokemon Go last week and heard on the news about some terrible accident involving some folks playing it. But, that's all I know and truth be known, all I care to know.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
I had no collections as a child. Money was very, very tight when I was growing up and frivolous spending was not an option. Our daughter loved the Cabbage Patch Dolls and had probably 7-8 of them but I don't know that she has any of them now. And, she collected the American Girl dolls and she has either 3-4 of them and still has them and they are in stellar condition. But, her biggest collection was Beanie Babies. Oh, my goodness, she must have had close to 100. But, during college she decided to rid herself of them and we found another collector that bought almost all of them from us for very close to what we had paid for them. So, that was a good deal all the way around. Our son collected Hot Wheels and while, he has cut way back on his collecting, he will still fall to the temptation for "just one more" sometimes. I can't remember how old he was but he was very young and he will be 40 in October. ~chuckle~ I can't remember ever camping out, standing in line or any of the above for a collectible.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
Our family time in Branson was special moments and this past weekend we attended the wedding of the daughter of some dear friends. Our friendship goes back some 42 years and even though a lot of miles have separated us the past 25 years, we can always pick right up where we left off. Sharing this past weekend with them was definitely a collectible moment.
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
I guess you could say that most of the decorative items I have sitting throughout our home are "dust collectors." But, I enjoy them and think they add a nice touch to our home and I have no plans to remove any of them at this time.~sorry~
5. A favorite song relating to time?
Love, love Jim Croce's Time In A Bottle made popular in 1973.
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
In 2011 Hubby and I went with 5 other couples on an Alaskan Cruise. We were on a bus tour seeing different areas of one of the ports of call. One was of this stream of water where bears often hang out. Well, those that wanted to could get off the bus and walk around the area so I did. And, lo and behold the bear in the above picture meandered up. I was so taken by him that I forgot that I was suppose to be afraid and should definitely get my hiney back on the bus. Instead I'm focusing my camera and taking his picture as he stares me down. Yes, it was definitely my most interesting encounter with wildlife and Hubby was NOT one bit happy with me over it. ~big chuckle~
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
I don't think so. Nothing about space holds a real interest to me. I guess it should but.........
8. Insert your own random thought here.