I'm watching them some but am certainly not glued to them. I know, perhaps I should be but I'm just not "into" the Olympics. My favorite event would most definitely be gymnastics!
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person?
Well, this would be a short and sweet answer, no to all of the above.
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain.
I am Vice President of our local Garden Club and with that position comes the responsibility of doing the year book. I have recently completed it (crossed the finish line) and am ready to send it to the printers. Yea, me!!!
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently?
I'm not sure how far back I can go and call it recently but I really think I earned a gold medal orchestrating the move into our new house 1 year ago tomorrow. Yes, I had over a year to orchestrate it and I methodically thought through every aspect of it and I must say it went "smooth as silk." We were moving from a house where we had lived for 35 years so there was lots and lots to go through and pack and I did every bit of it by myself. I could have had help but I did not want any. I had a process I went through and I preferred to handle it all by myself. Yes, I really do think I earned a "gold medal." No brag, just fact! ~big chuckle~
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy?
Both of my parents, from as long as I can remember, were very much into healthy living. Momma had a diabetic brother and sister and I'm sure that weighed heavily on her mind. I certainly am not "over the top" in my diet or exercise but I do try to eat most sensibly and exercise 5 out of 7 days.
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain.
Humm....I really think I'm young at heart and most days have a hard time believing that I'm really 64 years old. Yikes!! But, there are definitely times when I feel like an old soul when it comes to some of the views and attitudes of the younger folks. I'll just leave it at that.
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today?
Well, I'll probably really sound like an old soul when I say that I have never had a s'mores. They sure do look delish and I saw a way to make them in the microwave a few months ago and I started to buy the stuff to make them with but I talked myself out of it. Hey, it's called healthy choices for healthy living!
8. Insert your own random thought here.