Well, I think a certain someone's 70th birthday might qualify. I'll say more about this.....
2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.
I have been using the made up word "skoochi" for most of my life. I would say it to my parents when I wanted them to hold me tightly or snuggle me. I still use it to this day.
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-
clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets
Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
Most of this took place around here about 2 weeks ago. Thankfully our house is still new enough that it hasn't been necessary to do some of these just yet. And, doubtfully our cabinets will ever need degreasing as I fry absolutely nothing. That's right, it smells up the house and makes a huge mess as far as I'm concerned. There's too many other ways to prepare food. ~chuckle~
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
There are several set in NY that are favorites but the first one to come to mind was BIG with Tom Hanks.
5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
The arrival of warmer weather and readying our porches and patio for spring and summer. I love getting the ferns and other plants potted. They make for such a warm and welcoming look!
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
No, can't say that I have. I probably do not have the patience for teaching. ~wink~
It would definitely be lavender. My Grandmother introduced me to Lavender when I was just a little girl and I've loved it ever since. I have it in essential oil, in diffusers,lotion, soap and room spray. I'm not much into florals in food but that may be just because I'm not that familiar with it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.