Well, I just knew that Joyce would get all "Christmasey" on us and what fun! I mean it is the season for all things fun. Right?
1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.
No, I am not and I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not. Angela at Good Morning Girls offered a wonderful Bible Study to be done during Advent and I should be participating in it. But, I am in the middle of another great study right now and couldn't pull myself away from it.
2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?
I am Dasher this week. I will be having my husbands office staff for our annual Christmas lunch on Thursday. I have dashed through recipes, dashed to the grocery store and tomorrow will dash into the kitchen to cook. Hopefully all my dashing will result in a good meal and a dashing good time.
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
I have never had it too quiet but that's not to say that I won't at some time. But,I truly love quiet. Hubby and I neither one come from large families and have never had more than about 10 or 11 at family gatherings and they have never been overly loud. I just do not handle loudness and confusion ~and they seem to go hand and hand~ very well. Lately, I've had the perfect combination of quiet and loudness.
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
I feel like I am administratively gifted and if I am asking someone to do something I do NOT ask anyone that I am not pretty certain will carry through with their commitment. I'd just as soon do it myself as to have to worry with making sure someone else does it.
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
Oh, this is easy, cooking! You spend literally hours in the kitchen and then the meal is inhaled in a matter of minutes and then you get to clean up the mess. Ugh!
I am so excited that our daughter and Grandson will be arriving the day after Christmas for a few days. Our daughter has driven more miles than most young women her age have or will ever. And, most of them have been with a child in tow by herself. She is 13 1/2 hours away and she is always so good to make the trip as often as possible. She prefers driving over flying because of the confinement of a ticket and also because of weather related issues. But, her Daddy and I would prefer she fly. But, hey, when kids grow up, they don't have to listen to Dad and Mom any more. ~shucks~ But, we'll pray God's travel mercies over them once again.
6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
Well, it certainly wasn't any of the above items. Hubby and I usually talk about our day around the table and when we're dining with friends, well.............can I just say that there is never a dull moment of conversation. It's far more interesting than any of the above mentioned. ~what does Facebook know~ grin~
7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
The very first thing that came to my mind was a king size bed. Can I just say that a king size bed was our very first purchase after we got married and we financed the cost, $200, for 12 months.~I would hate for you to know what we paid for our last king size bed~ We've been hooked ever since and when we travel and don't have one, we feel very deprived. ~shame on us~ We both love pillows and between us and our pillows we need a whole lot of bed.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
About a month ago I came across the blog, Everything Just So. Jill is the author of the blog and she and her friend, Adrienne at The Rich Life on a Budget do a monthly feature called "How I Wear My." This month's feature was "How I Wear My Red." Well, I submitted the above picture and it was featured on Jill's blog this past Monday for the feature. There were so, so many submissions and it was most interesting to see the many ways that one can wear red. If you want to see more just click on the links above and enjoy!