It's Wednesday and that means Hodgepodge time. Joyce is such a trooper and apparently can wear many hats at the same time. But, as they said, "this isn't her first rodeo." Thanks Joyce for always showing up for us.
2. What's something you recently got for free?I can't think of a thing but I did get $52 off of a rug I purchased from Home Decorator yesterday. I ordered the rug on May 1st and it continues to be on back order so I called yesterday to see if they were ever going to get it. The lady told me that they will have it on or before July 28th and that they would deduct $52 for the aggravation of the delay. Well, my goodness, I thought that was mighty nice but not sure how they came up with $52. That's sort of a weird amount, but, hey, I'll gladly take it.
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I've seen the Statue of Liberty and The Washington Monument. Seeing the Statue of Liberty was a chilling experience for me. My goodness, she stands so majestic there in the harbor and she is so gigantic! I'm so glad I have seen her up close and personal. My favorite would either be her or The Liberty Bell (which I haven't seen) because of all they represent of our country's freedom.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?Think I would be more like an ostrich. I am concerned but there just seems to be nothing I can do outside of praying for the situation. I cannot sit and listen to the news and all of the issues going on for hours on end. I want to be informed but I don't have to know all the details.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.Of the three it would be vanilla, hands down!!!
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?Well, can there be anything sweeter than Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star? I think not and it won't be long until I can be teaching it to our little Andi Kate.
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
Juggling - to get it all done
Unpacking - what I wish I were doing rather than packing
Nonstop - how our lives have been in these final weeks of new house construction
Excited - to know that we are nearing the completion of our new house
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's a bittersweet time for Hubby and me. Our SIL was just promoted with the USDA and his new job will be in Oklahoma City. While we are so happy for him, it makes our hearts sad that this little fella will now be around 8 hours away from us. We have so enjoyed having them 3 1/2 hours up the road and really thought it would be for a longer time. But, hey, two promotions in one year is really good and at least OKC is a great place to go. And, they have a really nice airport. So, once again, we will make this work! And, of course, Clancy's little brother will making the scene in Oct. So, if not before ~due to our own move~ we'll be going then. They will make a quick trip here this weekend to pick up some items that we no longer need or want so that they can have them moved with their other belongings. They will leave our little Clancy man with us for a few days while they are overseeing the packers and movers. We'll meet and reluctantly give him back the end of next week. And, I might or might not have teary eyes when we depart. ~such is life~