1. I'm pretty sure I am one of millions with the Presidential election on their heart. Good grief, how on earth did this happen? I am sure George Washington has turned over in his grave multiple times and I'm sure our dear Lord above is shaking His head in disbelief. May God be merciful!
2. I went to the mailbox this past Saturday and had a big white envelope from the Veterans Administration awaiting me. I was so shocked and, from the look of the envelope, I was afraid they were sending back the application I had sent in for my Dad about a month ago due to some lack of information. Well, imagine my surprise when I opened it and the first page was informing me that my Daddy was entitled to the maximum monthly benefit beginning immediately. I almost shouted!!! I expected him to receive some benefit but I certainly did not expect him to receive the maximum. And, neither did I expect to hear so quickly. It was exactly 31 days from the day I sent in the application. I went by to see the VA rep here today to tell him the good news and he was just as shocked as I was. I am so happy for my Daddy as this is what he is entitled to for his service to our country.
3. I am a bit nervous as I head to the oral surgeon later today. I will have a tooth extracted and the pre-work done for an implant. The receptionist asked me if I would like to have conscious sedation and, after pondering that for a few seconds, I decided that was a great idea. I mean, why should I fret and stew over it when I don't have to. I did a little research on conscious sedation and it sounds very safe, so hopefully this procedure will only be a vague memory for me. And, hopefully the recovery will be a piece of cake! ~chuckle~
4. I am so looking forward to seeing our Oklahoma family next week. Our daughter and grandson will be enjoying a few days out of school for Fall Break, so we will share some of that time with them. We have not seen them since July and little Coleman has changed so much and has celebrated his 1st birthday since that time.
5. I have been privileged to get to know several of the young ladies involved in our local Teen Challenge program the past year. I have heard of the program for years but getting to know these girls, hear their stories, and see God's transforming power at work in their lives, has blessed me beyond words. I can't say enough good about the program! Where would any of us be without God's redemptive grace and mercy? What a gift!
6. Our church hosted a picnic this past Sunday afternoon at a lovely state park nearby. I really wasn't all that excited about it but it was such an enjoyable time. We took our little Princess with us and one of her best friends came and they had such a good time. It was so refreshing to be with a group of Christians enjoying good fellowship, good food on a gorgeous fall afternoon. It was a time to forget all the heaviness and we all need more times such as this.