1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
Well, yes, indeed I have been fishing and I have caught fish. We've both kept our fish and thrown them back, it just all depends. We have a pond just a few feet from our backyard. Hubby has all the fishing equipment that any one could want but we really haven't fished all that much since living here. We LOVE the pond because it's water and we love looking out all our back windows and enjoying it. But, as far as fishing goes, I can take it or leave it.
Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
I walked into a place of business a couple of weeks ago that I rarely go into because every time I do, I feel like a fish out of water. The folks that work there seem to have their nose bent out of shape a bit and have an "air" about them that really bugs me. And, living in a small town I often feel like I do live in a fishbowl, but I wouldn't trade small town living for anything. ~smile~
2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
Well, I have wracked my brain and I cannot think of a thing. Remember, I'm an organization enthusiast! My motto is: everything in it's place and a place for everything. Now, I'm sure that I will be fishing for something today and regret ever making this statement.
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
One of my all time favorite movies was Jaws, in 1975. I'm not sure a great white shark is considered a fish or not, but it's close enough.
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Oh, the sunrise, I love the early morning and am my most productive in the early morning and daylight hours. I have always gotten up early even when I didn't need to, it's just something I've always done and probably always will.
5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a denim 3/4 length jacket that I'm sure I've had for at least 10 years. I LOVE this jacket and I'm not sure I've seen another like it since. It's very classic and a great piece. I think I got it at Chicos.
6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
I hardly feel like we have even had winter here. It has been the warmest winter I can remember. I am always up for a getaway and we'll be heading towards Oklahoma to see our daughter and family in the next couple of weeks. The worst part of our winter has been sooooo much sickness. Knock on wood, I have escaped all of the bugs but Hubby has dealt with 3 terrible colds with congestion and with 2 ended up at the Dr. And, probably 75% of everyone I know has dealt with some sickness. It's been a very warm, unhealthy winter for sure!
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?No, I will not be celebrating. About 42 years ago Hubby won a trip to Acapulco through his company and I tasted my first and last Margarita while we were there. They were just sitting on the table at some dinner event we were attending and picked it up and took a big swallow and almost spit it straight out. I thought the salt on the rim was shaved ice. Just imagine the surprise when my lips hit that salt. Ugh! I am really not a fan of Jimmy Buffet but any time I hear his name I think of Cheeseburger in Paradise. I mean, what a name for a song!
8. Insert your own random thought here.