Oh, I was unable to do the HP last week and missed participating. I hope Joyce hangs in there with us for a long time because it's the most fun start to a Wednesday. Thanks Joyce!
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I'm fine with "selfies." I guess if someone over did it then I might think differently and I'm sure plenty out there do, I just don't happen to know of any at the present. I took a selfie just a couple of days ago but didn't do anything with it because I just haven't quiet gotten the knack of doing it without a tripod and I didn't want to drag it out. I wish someone would tell me how they do such great selfies without a tripod using their phone or a camera. I love being behind the lens but do not mind being in front either.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
Oh, yes! I love sending Christmas cards. I mailed my out of town cards, about 85 of them, today and will mail the in town cards next week.
3. Do you trust easily?
Not as easily as I use to, but I tend to be a very trusting person and I generally believe what someone says to me. I speak the truth and figure everyone else should too. But, of course, I have learned that isn't always the case.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Hummm.......it would be a toss up between cinnamon and peppermint. Love both of those scents especially during the holidays.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
I didn't do much of either yesterday because I was by myself except when I was taking and picking up the Princess from school. And, I definitely did more listening with her. She chatters away and I love it! I try to remember that the Lord gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason, to do a whole lot more listening than talking. Some folks haven't figured that out just yet and sometimes I have to remind myself of that fact.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
I'm listening to Christmas music pretty much all day long these days, and I usually sing right along with them. I can't say that any one has been stuck in my head, I just sing them all.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
Well, I think he would be considered a world explorer.....Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon in July, 1969. I was 17 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday and I thought then and still do, that it would be so neat to go to the moon and step my foot on it. I cannot even imagine getting there, the whole space program blows my feeble mind.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This picture made it's way around social media but in case you missed the "Chillin' Turkey," I wanted to share him with you. I cannot imagine being so creative as to dream up doing something like this. I got the biggest chuckle out of this.
P.S. I'm off to Dallas for a little R&R this morning. I'm going with a friend for a couple of days. So, I may be "laying low" in blogland until the first of next week. See ya then!