1. It's still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem?
Well, it was organized mayhem, but Monday I was responsible for taking the Princess to dance recital practice at the civic center where it will take place this Friday evening. I have never, ever in my life seen so many girls from 4-10 years old under one roof in my life. And, for every girl there was a Momma, Grandmother or person in charge. Thankfully the head of this dance school has been doing this for 40+ years and has it down to a "fine art." As long as we followed her instructions things went smoothly. But, as we know, there are ALWAYS those that do not know what following instructions is all about. ~need I say more~
2. When did you last feel dismayed?
I have felt dismayed many, many times in the past 5 years and the majority of it was regarding my Dad and the over seeing of his care. But, praise the Lord, he is doing so, so much better the past couple of months and it has been such a sense of relief for me. I'm reminded of the words to the song, "Be not dismayed what er befall, God will take care of you." And, I am living proof that HE does.
3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange?
Well, neither my Hubby or I could think of one for me. I'm very picky about food and don't do strange combinations. I don't like my food touching each other on my plate and a whole lot of folks think that is very strange. ~laugh~
4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not? I do think that that is true. We are hearing more and more about folks doing great and mighty things in their "older age." I think I've accomplished some pretty great things in my life but I'm not at all sure that HE is through with me. I hope to avail myself to whatever opportunities come my way until my dying day.
5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmnd VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA.
Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person?
I have seen 10 of them and I'm quite proud that 3 of them are in the home of my birth, Virginia. Of the ones I have not seen I would like to go to Yellowstone and San Antonio.
6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose?
Walking for sure! I walk 5 mornings a week on a treadmill and since the release of the IPad and Netflix, I enjoy it more than ever! ~big smile~
7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up?
Oh, I lived so many different places that I will just answer about the place I have called "home" the past 40 years.......pretty much everyone knows everyone, folks willing to lend a hand at any time and we all stick together through thick and thin.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'll be busy, busy the next few days. We have family company coming in later today and we'll be having fun with them. So, I'll see you on Monday!