Our dear Joyce, who comes up with these questions week in and week out, is a busy, busy gal, but always manages to work the Hodgepodge in somehow. But, she is taking a "summer break" next week and she certainly deserves it. And, that works great into my schedule as Bridget and Clancy will be here visiting and I'll be having family fun. So, we'll see you in two weeks for the HP.
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
I have never thought about it, but I honestly cannot remember going on one end of school field trip. And, I don't even remember going on any kind of field trip period. Surely I would remember if I had gone on any. And, YES, I have chaperoned more field trips than the law allows. I always had a big vehicle and could take a boatload of kiddos, so I was always asked to chaperone. And, I'm so glad that I could do this as it brings back a lot of fun memories for me and hopefully for my two children as well.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
Well, the first thing to come to my mind was the way FB shows every new comment made to someone's status a bazillion times. And, often these are comments made by folks that I have no idea who they are, but because they made the comment on one of my friends status, I "get" to see it as well. But, it's my choice to do FB and apparently I enjoy FB enough to put up with their way of doing things. ~big smile~
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
I think I'd have to say, "everything's coming up roses." Our daughter and family have gotten moved to Texas and are just a short distance from us. And, after a lot of prayer and pondering, Hubby and I are building a new house. All the "i's have been dotted and the t's have been crossed" for construction to begin any day now. ~weather permitting~ And, my precious Daddy continues to do so well. It will be 3 years on June 9th that he was stricken with GBS and I truly never thought he'd enjoy another day of his life. But, the Lord had other plans and in the past 2-3 months he has been doing much better, and more like the man he was before his illness. ~thank you Jesus~
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
We prefer a gas grill and I do the bulk of the grilling. I grilled center cut pork chops this past Monday night. I do a lot of grilling in the spring and summer months.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
I can't say that I like "pitch black" darkness but I'm not afraid of the dark. And, I prefer it to be pretty much dark, dark when I am sleeping. No night lights for me!
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
3 Times a Lady, first by the Commodores and then Kenny Rogers. I like it best sung by the Commodores.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not? I do agree partially. Sometimes the things that irritate us about others are the flaws we may see in ourselves and are most unhappy about. Of course, if we are aware of this then it can help us to work on these flaws. If not, then we are probably blind to our own flaws. ~hope that makes sense~
8. Insert your own random thought here.
|An awesome cast|
No blog post for me on Friday as Hubby and I are off for Branson, MO. this morning celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary.
~that's a long time~