Another Wednesday, another Hodgepodge and somehow Joyce finds the time to come up with great questions. And, all the while, she is planning a wedding that will be happening in less than 2 months. I think we could call her "Super Woman!"
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
In recent years I have seen so many I love stricken with such serious health issues and many have died as a result. It has made me so grateful for the good health that I enjoy and have often taken for granted. And, I have never had to worry about where my next meal was going to come from and I'm truly grateful for that as well. And, the list could go on and on.........a husband that loves me and shows me that love in his actions, words and deeds every day. I am blessed!
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
I would have to say that I love brown, it is a great color for me and I am so glad that it has made a "come back" in recent years. I'm not sure about my favorite shade, maybe a chocolate brown. I don't have any brown in my home decor so guess it would be a brown, cowl neck, sort of sweater-like, tunic top.
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Hubby and I will be finalizing the flooring and the lighting for the new house today. All the choices have been made but now it's time to do the actual order placement for these and that means we are one step closer to the end. ~still 3-4 months away~
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
Oh, my.......this is a good one! I immediately think "women's lib" when I hear the word. No, I do not want to and likely would not be, known by those who know me, as a feminist. That is not to say that I do not think that there are those women who are every bit as capable as a man in both the corporate and political world but for me, I will leave those positions to men and other capable women and I'll enjoy continuing in my role as "domestic engineer."
~chief cook and bottle washer of our home~ ~chuckle~
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
Well, I cannot think of one thing that I eat that makes a mess, but I'm sure there is something. But, I cannot stand a mess, so I probably just do not eat it if it makes a mess. ~big laugh~
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
I surprised a good friend with some cute decorative kitchen towels for her new home. I knew there wasn't really anything she needed but know that most of us enjoy a cute decorative towel hanging in our kitchen that is for nothing but merely looks. ~smile~
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
"Gratitude unlocks the fulness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."
8. Insert your own random thought here