1. Besides left over Easter goodies, what's something currently kept in a basket at your house?
I love baskets, nice tightly woven baskets. I currently have two with toys for the Grans and one on the kitchen cabinet with our variety of chips. 2. 'The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.' ~Michelangelo Buonarroti )
So which one are you...the one who aims too high, or the one who aims too low? Have you ever seen The Sistine Chapel? Did you know Michelangelo's surname prior to answering this question?
Well, as I look back over my life I think I probably aimed too low and if I had my life to live over, I'd definitely aim higher. But, I don't sit around in regret but I am going to aim high for the remainder of my life. ~ big smile~
3. April 7th is National Beer Day. Hmmm...wonder how that's celebrated? Do you like beer? Have a favorite? If you're not a beer drinker do you have any recipes you enjoy cooking that call for beer?
Three years ago right now Hubby and I went to Charleston, S.C. for the first time. It was a wonderful trip and we enjoyed everything about it. I would love to go back sometime and take in some of the things we didn't have time to do the first time.
5. The value of _______is greatly overrated.
There are soooooo many things overrated that it's hard for me to just name one. But, one thing would be fine jewelry. Now, I have some fine jewelry and I love it but there is so much gorgeous fashion jewelry today that it can rival the "real stuff." But, diamonds ~the real ones~ will likely always be a girls best friend. ~smile~
6. What's a pet peeve of yours when it comes to restaurant dining?
Talking on your cell phone. If you MUST talk on it then do the rest of us a favor by stepping outside. Sometimes I think we forget that we lived for a very long time without them. I know that the younger generation never remembers "life before cell phones" and that is sort of sad.
7. It's Poetry Month...share a favorite poem, either the title, a few lines you find meaningful, or the whole kit and caboodle.
I think I was in the 8th grade when I had to memorize The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. My two favorite lines, perhaps not then, but now, are,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had several comments regarding last week's question of "when was the last time you got up at the crack of dawn?" I said when we had a very early morning flight but I also said that I am up between 5:00-5:30 everyday. Some questioned if the sun was already up that early. So, to clarify that, NO I am up most every day before the sun is up~the crack of dawn~ but I don't even realize it because I've done it for years and years.