1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
We don't really have just one story but we often will talk about past Christmases and especially when it comes to the 3 Grandparents that are no longer with us. I have shared with my children how on one Christmas our neighbors pretty much took care of the gifts for my brother and me. Times were hard for our family and they sensed that and they had no children of their own and wanted nothing more than to provide for us the Christmas that we wanted. It was the year that I wanted to Chatty Kathy doll and they made sure that I got her. I will never forget that Christmas and just 2-3 years ago I sent her off to a doll hospital in Oklahoma City and had her reworked and repaired and each time I see her it brings tears to my eyes and the fondest of memories. My children will never have a memory like that but hopefully they have some sweet memories that they will share with their children one day.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
I guess it depends on the person or the group. I do try to be sensitive but it sure is hard sometimes. It amazes me how quickly some folks will give their opinion regardless of how it might affect someone listening. Now, if it comes to some matters I'm pretty sure we should speak our opinions in a most gracious way.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
No, I had no idea serenity was a color and I had never heard of Pantone until last year. ~guess I missed out~ I do like both colors but you will not find them in my home and I might wear a scarf in those colors and that would be it.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
I would be "Mary Did You Know." I love that song and it causes me to ponder deeply the many emotions that Mary might have experienced in her days of expectancy and knowing she would be the mother of Jesus. I can't even imagine!
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
No, I will not be celebrating. I cannot remember the last time I purchased something classified as a pastry and I pretty much never indulge in pastries, so I do not have a favorite. On the rare occasion that I do get pastries I always go to the bakery. I have picked up donut holes for our Sunday School department and I will have 1 or 2 but it's been a long, long time.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating I probably do 1/4 to 1/3 as much as I use to do. I enjoy what I do but it's on a small scale. Guess I can say, "been there, done that." ~laugh~
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
We had a husband/wife Branson act do a show at our local theater this past Monday evening. They were quite entertaining musically and the husband was part comedian. I got very tickled at times and you had no trouble hearing me laugh in our very small theater. And, you know you can't have a good laugh without slapping your knee as well. It was a fun evening. Thankfully Tommy is use to my laughter after 44 years and he has yet to get up and leave me by myself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.