1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
That the best things in life really are FREE, such as time with family making memories, enjoying peace and quiet and being still. Society has us thinking if we are not busy, busy then something is wrong and also gives us the feeling that money does buy happiness.
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
Humm....I guess we roamed to our daughter's in Mt. Pleasant, Texas two weeks ago. It was our first visit and we weren't exactly sure where we were going, so guess we roamed until we found their home. Yes, we did use our navigation but believe it or not it does not pick up where they live due to some road construction in their area. Road construction tends to play havoc with GPS systems.
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
Well, if I can only choose one then it would have to be pizza and I'd hope it was brick oven style. Although, homemade pizza is one of my specialities (if I have a speciality) and I seldom eat any that is any better. ~no brag, just fact~
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
I suppose since we are in the process of building a new house that I will have to remind myself often that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and neither will our house. But, thankfully, we are in no rush and it doesn't really matter how long it takes.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
"Room With A View" was filmed in Florence and I watched it a few months ago and the scenery was awesome. And, I have several friends that have been to Italy and they have all given "rave reviews" of their time there. But, I'm not much into overseas travel so it's doubtful that I'll ever go. I'll just enjoy hearing about it.
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
Yes, I have been to Disneyland and have been to Disney World in Orlando several times. I love the "It's A Small, Small World" attraction in The Magic Kingdom. The music is so, so cute and all the animation of the different people around the world is amazing.
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
Here in our neck of the woods we are overrun with mosquitoes and
and most anytime we are outside in the evening I feel the little "fella" gnawing on my ankles. I think my last bite was probably this past Saturday but thankfully they do not cause me a lot of issues. Now, my little Princess, when she gets a bite, it is awful!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As most of you know I've had shoulder/neck issues for the past several months. I first saw a shoulder specialist and after two visits, he informed me that he thought that my shoulder issues were likely neck issues. I saw a highly regarded Neurologist in Shreveport a couple of weeks ago and he surmised from my MRI that I had a bone spur pinching a nerve. He referred me to a Pain Clinic in Monroe for Cervical Epidural injections. I had the first one today (under conscious sedation) and so far, I'm not really feeling any relief. But, the Dr. did say that it could take 48 hours, so I'm hopeful. Thankfully my discomfort is not unbearable and is more just aggravating than anything. My main issue is sleeping and laying on my left side and that is generally not possible and I LOVE sleeping on my left side. Time will tell. *Added note: I wrote the above part last night and it is this morning and I was able to sleep on my left side last night without any discomfort at all. So, perhaps we are making progress and I'm sure encouraged.