I can't really think of anything specific, but Hubby and I would have liked to have gone a few more places but with the new house construction, it just did not happen. We went on a couple of long weekend jaunts but nothing else. It's pretty much "all hands on deck" when building a house due to all the decision making.
2. Share a favorite memory of your own back -to-school days as a child.
Getting a new pair of shoes was a big deal and I always got a new pair about the time school started. AND, unless I out grew them, I wore them everyday the entire year. Oh, my, how times have changed! Getting that new pair of shoes and a new book satchel were so exciting to me.
3. What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school' ?
Well, I would prefer to pull up to the gas pump and have this sweet friendly guy come out and pump my gas and clean my windshield. I mean, those were the days and I didn't enjoy them near enough. I think they called those "full service stations." Ah, that there were such today, call it old school or not, I loved it!
4. Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'.
To follow the directions or instructions. I cannot stand to read directions when it comes to putting something together or learning how to use something. But, I've had to undo enough stuff, or Hubby has had to come in behind me and undo the mess I made enough that I've learned it's really best to just take the time to read and do it right the first time.
5. As a child, did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox?
I had to scratch my head on this one........I believe that I ate school lunches the majority of the time. And, I remember loving the school rolls and they would always give us honey to put on them and they were absolutely delicious to this little girl.
6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering... how big of a sports fan are you (not just football) ? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen' and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?' where do you fall in fandom?
I would fall between a 3 and a 4. I am definitely not a die hard fan and don't really even understand football. But, there have been a few times when our LSU Tigers or our New Orleans Saints were playing and the games were tight that I actually hollared and got excited. I do love to show my support for LSU by wearing purple and gold and enjoy being a part of a group watching the games. But, just don't ask me what is going on. ~laugh~
7. Share a favorite quote you think might inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.
Since you said "all ages" I think this would be a good one.......
You learn something everyday if you pay attention.
8. Your random thought
Our daughter and family are, once again, the proud "parents" of Corgi puppies. Poor Sissy gave birth to her 5th or 6th litter this past Sunday. And, while I think they are cute dogs, I do not want one, but apparently I am one of a few that feels that way. They generally have folks coming to claim theirs within days of their birth. And, they are NOT giving them away, they sell them and have no trouble doing so. I think Bridget told me that they have 3 females and 1 male this go around. The parents, Sissy and Spur, have gotten good at creating this cute little puppies with great markings. Of course, Clancy knows way more about birthing puppies than most 6 year olds, that's for sure!