1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
Hubby and I have had a Financial Adviser for many years. Hubby for all practical purposes has owned his own business for 40 years and there is a lot of "i" dotting and "t" crossing that must be done. He doesn't play around with such and our financial adviser oversees all of it. No, these type of conversations do not stress me but, I don't always understand the "whys and where fors" of the discussions. But, I'm grateful that we have this added direction as it has severed us well.
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
1. Going to Wal-Mart and the only check out lanes open are the self check out. It aggravates the "daylites" out of me!
2. People sitting through red lights because they are busy texting. I mean, I'm glad they are stopped while they are texting but they need to pay attention to the light and GO when the light turns green. ~really~
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
I would love to know ALL the ins and outs of a DSLR camera. I came real close to getting one a few years ago and just decided that I wasn't willing to do what was necessary to learn to use it. So, me and my Nikkon Coolpix with a 14X zoom get along just fine and it is always with me.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
Well, they are both very scary and so are many other health issues but I just do not let them consume my thoughts. I try to use extra good hygiene and wash my hands more times than the law allows in a given day. And, I try to take care of myself as best I can and after that, what will be, will be.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
I have not seen that many movies based on books but the one that immediately came to my mind was "The Bridges of Madison County." While, in my opinion, it was done well, it did not compare to the book. When reading a book you get to make your own movie in your thoughts as you read and that type of movie can hardly be beat. ~grin~
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
Oh, there are several but the best one is when Hubby reminds me of the night, many years ago, that I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I sat on him. He had gotten up a minute or two before me and was occupying the "throne" and I had no idea. Can I just tell you that some "blood curdling" screaming took place by me and our children, who were asleep upstairs, came running downstairs scared too death. They thought we had been attacked by a "booger." It will never be forgotten I can assure you! I have never gone to the bathroom in the middle of the night without a flashlight since that time. ~no joke~
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our new house is progressing right along. You will have to pardon this picture with the intense evening sun, but it does look rather cool doesn't it? It has been all consuming the past few weeks with lots and lots of decisions. We are in the process of getting all the cabinetry designed and that is HUGE! But, we saw some 3-D imagines of some of them today and we were so pleased. Between us, our decorator and our cabinet designer, we have tried to think of everything. But, we all know that is impossible, but hopefully we'll come close.~big smile~ We can hardly wait until this time next year when we will be enjoying the fruits of all these decisions.
*Added note: Hubby's sister and her husband arrive this evening for a few days, so we'll be busy and there will likely be no time for blogging until my usual "Hello Monday" post. See you then!