We do celebrate but this year and the past few have not been on Easter Sunday but the day before. We will have a family dinner with our son, DIL, the Princess and the Sweetheart. I will give them some Easter "happies" and we will probably hunt a few eggs. Our Texas family will not be able to be with us. ~oh, the joys of long distance family~
2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
I agree. Hope is the expectation or desire for something and without it life would not have near as much meaning. Of course, as a Christian, our eternal hope is Jesus Christ and one could certainly say that He never abandons us but we abandon Him.
3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?
I would enjoy a small bite of a milk chocolate bunny, no to everything else except Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I do love the mixture of peanut butter and chocolate.
4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?
I have felt that way several times during our house construction. The choices can be overwhelming for sure but I have had such fun. I don't have difficulty making decisions and with the trusty guidance of my designer, I have often felt like a kid in a candy store for sure. Last week we were in a carpet store looking at some carpet to have cut and bound to use as an area rug. I haven't looked at carpet in years and years and had no idea all the textures and designs available. It was such fun!
5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?
Interesting question..........I'm quite sure I do a lot of things differently than most but the one thing that first entered my mind is how I fix hamburger meat. If I need hamburger meat in a dish, such as lasagna, spaghetti or chili, I boil the meat, I do not fry it. My Mom always did this and so I have too. It is so much cleaner and so much healthier. I add a bag of seasoning blend and it takes just a few minutes for the meat to brown and be ready for whatever dish I need it for. It doesn't bother me a bit and I've even had friends start doing it after they found out I did it that way. I have had some folks sort of turn their nose up at the idea and that doesn't bother me either. ~to each his own~
6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?
I think I could use a dose of Palm Beach right now. I've been to all 3 states but never to Palm Springs or Palm Beach.
7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.
Hummm.........I can think of a few days that I would love to have shortened for sure and some I would like to have lengthened. But, in general, I think days are just about the right length and I can usually get everything done in the hours allotted and then enjoy some "down time." And, if I don't get it all done it's likely I got all I "needed" to get done. ~big smile~
8. Insert your own random thought here.