1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently?
Well, in case any of you have forgotten, we are in the midst of building a house..........but I will say that for the most part, it has been a most pleasant experience. And, a lot of that has to do with the fact that we are not up against a time table. If we were, then I don't think I would be saying that. In the past 6 weeks we worked with our decorator on the window coverings. We will have Plantation Shutters all across the front and neutral shades across the back. There are a total of 27 windows to cover so it was indeed a 'taxing' decision. We might not would have put any covering over some of the back windows but they get the intense afternoon sun and we just about had to put up something that would prevent the sun from beating in on the floor and furnishings. There are so, so many choices today but we are more than pleased with our selection and now if we can just get to a point where they can be hung. That will happen just days before move in day and that's still a ways away.
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
My last taxi ride was when we were in Las Vegas last Oct. We had some really good rides on that trip but I can tell you that I've been on some that scared the daylites out of me. I had to tell a driver in NYC one time that if he was going to continue driving as he was that he could let me out IMMEDIATELY. And, I was not joking! And, while he was obviously not happy with me, he did slow down. ~I was paying him, he wasn't paying me~
3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago?
I can easily drink anywhere from 70 - 80 ounces of water a day and not even think about it. This time last year I likely never drank 4-8 ounces of water a day. It has just become a part of my day now and I miss it if I don't have it. And, the bathroom part has gotten a bit better. ~smile~
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel's chicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...?
We are big on chicken at this house. Hubby can grill some great chicken and I have several good recipes that I do with boneless chicken breasts. Oh, I do love a chicken salad sandwich as long as you don't put apples or grapes in it. I've never understood why folks feel the need to put one or both of those ingredients in an, otherwise, perfectly good chicken salad. ~just my opinion~ It's like those same folks put raisins in broccoli salad. ~I know, I'm weird~
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
Oh, I had so many favorites, Lassie, My Three Sons, The Donna Reed Show, Green Acres, Gilligan's Island and on and on the list goes. But, I think Flipper would be my most favorite. I loved Flipper, who was a dolphin, and I use to tell my Dad and Mom that one day I was going to have a dolphin in a pool in my backyard.
6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made?
Hum.......art is being creative isn't it? So, my last piece was a gift basket I put together and wrapped last week to be used as a door prize. I had a gift wrapping business called, "It's A Wrap" a few years ago and I wrapped all types of items and had so much fun being creative and finding new and different ways to do boxes, baskets and you name it. Now, I just do it for fun.
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
It is always, always available and unless you are very disciplined, it can be a major "time sucker." It has never stood in the way of me doing the tasks at hand, but I am quite sure that I am often on the internet when I could be doing far more worth while things.
~too much of a good thing can be bad~
8. Insert your own random thought here.