I am very comfortable with silence and I do not have to have any background noise if I am home alone. A lot of the time I have music playing but it's because I enjoy it, not because I want some kind of noise. I don't really have to seek out times or places to be silent because I generally have a goodly portion of silence and home is probably my favorite place to enjoy it. I think people that have to have some type of noise all the time are missing out. Silence really is golden!
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
I am not a huge lover of chocolate. ~I know, something must be wrong with me~ But, since I do have a container with some of the Hersey's milk chocolate nuggets with almonds, I'll be sure and eat one or two to celebrate today. I would take a very small piece of chocolate pie and would remove the meringue. ~it gags me~
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I will begin wearing jeans a whole lot more now that the weather is cooler. I have skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, boot cut jeans and raggedy jeans (Hubby is not a fan of those). Jeans are so comfortable now days and I have fallen in love with the KUT brand. Yes, I own a couple of bluejean jackets, one plain and one with a lot of bling. ~smile~
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
I am not superstitious at all.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
Well, I have a flapper dress with fringe and the whole nine yards from many years back. I could add some long beads, fishnet hose and heels and I could go to town. ~probably couldn't do the Charleston though~
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
Eighteen wheelers behind me on the highway scare me a little and if they get real close behind me they scare me a lot. I stay very conscious of who is behind me and try to drive very defensively.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I will start croqueting on the afgan that I started when our daughter was pregnant with our first grandchild. That was 7 years ago and I had every intention of giving it to her before his birth. But, something obviously distracted me and I have about 1/3 of it done. It's been in a bag for years. I saw it just a couple of days ago and it's so pretty and I really should finish it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
You all should have been at our house this past Sunday afternoon. There was a whole of excitement!! I had ordered some drapery rods and rather than bring them in the house I opened them and then just left them in the boxes in the garage. Sunday afternoon I decided I would bring them in and undo all the packing and get them ready for my decorator. I put them on the small kitchen island and went to work. I did one box and then started on the 2nd box. I put my hand down in the box to pull out all the packing and a mouse ran out, across my hand and then scurried across the floor where Hubby was sitting. I screamed bloody murder, nearly scared Hubby too death. The mouse went into one of my storage rooms that has about a zillion places he could get. Suffice it to say that my Hubby is the best "varmit getter" in the whole world. He found that sucker, chased him down and disposed of him.~there was a lot to the ordeal but I'll spare you the details~ All the while I only stopped screaming long enough to take a breath. I was worn completely out after that escapade. I will not be leaving open boxes in the garage ever again. Since we live with a pond practically in our back yard and a vacant lot next door, that may not be the last one we see. But, as long as it is outside that is just fine. But, we never, ever had a mouse in our last house and we lived there 34 years and I don't expect another one to get into this house!