1. When were you last 'on a mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense.
Last July when Hubby surprised me for my 60th birthday by having our two children and their families join us at the Gaylord Resort in Grapevine, Texas. It was such a wonderful time and I think of it often.
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
Sort of, kind of..........we do not budget every little item but things like savings and investments, YES! most definitely.
My piece of advise........
If you have a credit card(s) make sure you manage it rather than it managing you. I've seen so, so many young couples get into serious trouble with a piece of plastic. It can have devastating effects that you spend the rest of your life trying to recover from.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one.
I can take them or leave them, but if offered, I'd take a piece of warm cherry pie.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
It's probably a pretty good idea to steer clear of such discussions but if handled respectfully, one would think it would be possible. And, for Christians, it could well be a witnessing opportunity.
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
I am usually a passenger for most of the trip, but I do drive some and give Hubby a break. Our last road trip was in mid-December when we went to see our daughter in Dodge City, Kansas. We have several road trips planned beginning in April, the first of which is Savannah. ~can't wait~
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
White would likely jump out at you just because it is so stark and bright and I have a white blouse of every style and description. I love white blouses! But, I have a smattering of all kinds of colors.
7. Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
Billy Graham, hands down! At the age of 97, he has been referred to as "the Pope of Protestant America." He has preached to more people than any other evangelist and has managed to avoid any type of scandel during his ministry. He has been described as non-judgmental, sincere, innocent and accepting. He has sown eternal seeds as he has advanced the kingdom of God through his ministry. I'd say that's special indeed!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Easter is only 5 1/2 weeks away and the first day of Spring is one month from today. However, we are still having some very wet and cold weather here in NE La. and I'm more than ready for Spring. We've had such a wet winter and cold and wet just do not go together as far as I'm concerned. Yesterday was a gorgeous day, full of sunshine and warmer temps. Today, not so much, cooler and more rain on the horizon. (and I know, some of you guys have endured all kinds of real winter with snow, snow and more snow) I'm pulling out my Easter decor, thinking warm thoughts and getting ready to greet Spring with arms wide open!