1.What makes love last?
Giving and taking, understanding, commitment and forgiveness.
Love is a whole lot more than a warm fuzzy feeling, that's for sure!
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
Oh, my goodness, I still cannot believe that my parents made me go to church the Sunday night that they made their debut on the Ed Sullivan Show. I thought I might die! I was 12 years old and just didn't understand their reasoning at all, but I did live over it. I love so many of the songs but one of my favorites is "The Long and Winding Road." And, yes, I can pretty much sing all their songs from memory. And, I even had a Beatle haircut! ~cute, cute~
3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
I do love Valentine's Day! Hubby and I don't necessarily celebrate in any special way but we always remember that our first "so called" date was to a church Sweetheart Banquet 49 years ago. Yikes! Now, before you go thinking that I was dating at 13 years old, he walked me from our house that was next door to the church. But, it was a "real date" as far as I was concerned. ~awe~ I do remember the kids and Grans in a small way but I do not expect anything from those that love me except a little more love!
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
That's tough but you say I have to choose........so I'll take a good tender steak cooked medium well and seasoned to perfection.
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, 'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not?
Hummm.....this is making me think really hard.......yes I think I would agree. I think how one deals with adversity does tell an awful lot about them, but power can make some folks take leave of their senses and that really lets "the cat out of the bag" as to their real character. But, for certain, I know far more about adversity than I do power. ~just sayin'~ And, I imagine most folks can say that.
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
I don't do anything with the pennies that cross my hands but put them in my wallet. I love having correct change ~does that surprise you~ and one needs pennies to do that, so I hope they do not stop making them.
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
By all means, but not sure studying it will bring about any changes. I'm thinking that will take much more than studying. It represents such a widespread group of accepting individuals of "almost" anything. An unfortunate phenomena!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do not want to be a whiner, but folks, I am soooo tired of this winter weather. I do not think we have seen the sunshine here in NE Louisiana in about 10 days. Today we are covered in ice and a thin coat of snow. The entire town is paralyzed. We are NOT use to this and it is wearing some of us down. Oh, let me get my happy face on and make the best of this less than desirable weather day!
And, I just love this...........