Another Wednesday, another Hodgepodge and that means a whole bunch of various answers. If you want to enjoy more, just click on the HP button above and read away!
1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
Okay, I'm thinking that my showering attention on someone else happened last. Back in Feb. I pulled together a quick Sunday lunch at a local club for a rather "new" friend of mine because it was her birthday. She and her husband, in the past year, have moved back to our area to retire. I thought it would be a way to say, "welcome home" and she truly was thrilled with the lunch and did feel very "showered" with attention on her special day.
2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
Well, most of my Spring Break memories are from when our children were in school, not when I was in school. I don't ever even remember Spring Breaks when I was in school. ~humm~ But, we pretty much always took vacations of some sort when the children had Spring Break. We went to Disney World, to see my parents in Virginia, and to the beach a couple of times. They were all lots and lots of fun and if I had to do it over, I'd enjoy those times even more. They're over much to quickly.
3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
Oh, yes, I'm a huge fan!!! The first thing that came to my mind was Plantation Pound Cake. It is so good it will "make you slap your Pappy." It not only has oodles of pecans but coconut too. You can find the recipe here.
4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
Well, I've spent way too much time thinking on this one, and still haven't thought of an answer. So, guess I'll move on to #5.
5. In my experience___________________________________.
a person with common sense is often more ahead of "the game" than the intelligent person, without common sense. ~just sayin~
6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
Rhythm of the Rain by The Cascades. I'm not sure they ever had another hit,but this one was a big hit and I still love to hear it.
7. What does the word hope mean to you?
Expecting or desiring something to happen. I cannot imagine living life without hope.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I use the time that I walk on the treadmill each morning to watch movies on my IPad through Netflix. I just finished watching The Shunning and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is based on the book by Beverly Lewis and was a Hallmark Movie. There is a sequel to it, The Confession and I plan to start that tomorrow. It is the story of an Amish girl that finds out she was not born Amish but adopted by an Amish family. Such an interesting story and had me in tears when it ended. If you are looking for a good movie, I highly recommend it. It makes my walking time so, so much more enjoyable!