1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Are you blooming where you're planted as we begin the month of May?
I am sure trying very hard to "bloom where I am planted." Just in the past couple of years I have been trying very hard to live intentionally, keeping a healthy balance in my life, keep a positive outlook,be an encourager, and not worry over the things I cannot change. In other words, "bloom where I am planted."
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no big deal, and 10 being full scale panic, rank your fear of spiders.
Unless it is a tarantula (and we don't have any in our area of the country) then I'd say about a 5. I don't like spiders and I will kill them quickly but they do not scare me too death.
3. May is National Salad Month (who knew???)...besides lettuce, what are two must-have ingredients in your favorite salad?
Bacon pieces/bits, grated cheese and dripping in Ranch dressing.
4. I mentioned on my blog last week that my Daughter1 will be moving to Washington State after she is married. Of the following sites in the Northwest, which would you most like to see in person-Crater Lake (Oregon), Seattle (Washington), Vancouver (British Columbia), San Juan Islands (Washington), Mt. Rainer (Washington) Oregon Coast (Oregon), Mt. St. Helens (Washington), or Olympic National Park (Washington)
I'm fortunate that I have been to Seattle, Vancouver, and have seen Olympic National Park and we stayed in a beach front house last summer near Seattle that looked out to Mt. Rainer. So, of the ones left, I think I would like to see the San Juan Islands. I have a SIL and a BIL that live in Tacoma and they absolutely love living there.
5. This coming weekend marks the 140th running of the
Kentucky Derby...when did you last race (literally or figuratively) to cross a finish line?
Humm......I do not like to have to get in a hurry and try to stay one step ahead of the game to prevent having to get in a hurry. So,l can't think of the last time I had to race to cross the finish line. It's been a while.
6. What is something little you love?
Lipstick!!! Yes siree, I gotta have my lipstick. I consider it my "finishing touch" and do not feel dressed without it. I have told my husband and children that when I pass from this life that they had better make sure I have lipstick on. ~so silly~ It's the only makeup that I reapply during the day. ~I'm sure you cared~
7. Would you say you are more of a visual, auditory, or kinesthetic learner? Elaborate.
I would be a visual learner. I'm the one that would be making flash cards to help me learn or memorize something and of course, they would be color coded. ~smile~ I like charts and pictures too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a precious opportunity while I was in Wal-Mart yesterday. I saw a sweet elderly lady from our church muddling along with her grocery cart. She is in her mid-80's and dealing with some very serious health issues that have greatly affected her ability to even enjoy life. I was shocked to see her in WM alone but we had the sweetest visit. She has been very dear to me for many years and I told her how I pray for her regularly and she said to me," please pray that the Lord will take me quickly." Oh, me, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to contain myself but I did. I thought to myself, isn't that what we all wish when our time comes, that HE will choose to take us quickly. This lady was a "mover and a shaker" in her day, and now her life is coming to a close and she is more than ready and has certainly lived an inspiring life and I'm the better one for having the privilege of knowing her. I pray my words to her were as encouraging to her as hers were to me.