1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?
Well, as a matter of fact, I have. I added some pumpkins and fall decor to the inside of the house last week and then had the front porch decked out the past two days. I love a welcoming front porch and am so glad that we have a porch on this house as we had a porch on our former home and I love their presence. As to cooking with pumpkin, that will not likely happen until on into November.
2. "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld
What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
Several years ago I bought a 35mm camera and very shortly afterwards decided it was just not for me. Way too much trouble and big. I don't know that I thought it was impossible but I certainly lacked the will to "hang in there."
3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?
Indeed I am. It is the Magnolia and I think most folks associate the Magnolia with the South. I am having an arrangement done right now that is going to have some beautiful silk magnolia's in it.
4. What have you lost interest in recently?
The Presidential race and our state Governor's race. Gracious, enough is enough and the Presidential election is still over a year away. And, I'm sure I should not be losing interest but should be really paying attention, but right now, not so much.
5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?
Not so sure who I would label the best, I have a lot of favorites and Kenny Gee was one of the first who popped into my thoughts. I love instrumental music and guess that's why he came to mind. But, as I said, I have so many favorites from all musical genres.
6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?
I am embarrassed to say that I have never had a S'more but there is no doubt in my mind that I would absolutely love them. Thinking it is time for me to remedy that and make some. There is no autumn bucket list here. Guess that doesn't sound very exciting but we are still in the "recovery mode" from our move. ~smile~
7. Your favorite small town? Why?
The one we live in because it has been home to us for 41 years and my husband has built a successful business here . We have dear, dear friends and while a lot of tough changes have taken place here in recent years, it is home and we love it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
|Taken on her 1st birthday|