1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?
Oh, that's so easy...........The assisted living facility my Dad lives in was sold in February. The new owners had a joint meeting with the residents and their families at that time to announce their new ownership. They told us of all the changes that would be forth coming and assured us that the resident was their top priority. Well, it has been the biggest "hullabooloo" ever since and it has caused a lot of us to lose confidence and that's not a good thing when it comes to the care of a loved one. I met with the District Manager yesterday and it appears that they are realizing that they have got to get it together. It has more than tried my patience for sure!
2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world).
I think a lot of our patience is learned by example. I had the most patience Mother in the world and my Daddy would be somewhere in the middle. I have gotten more patient with age and I would say I am about a 6-7 on the scale.
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.
I don't know if I've ever felt like I could fly but I have often wished that I could for sure.
4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?
I immediately thought of the old gospel song, "I'll Fly Away." I grew up singing that song and it conjures up all kinds of memories for me. AND, I really hate that the kids of today will have no memory of the old gospel hymns. ~just nothing like them~
5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?
I do not have a picnic basket and have no plans for a picnic anytime in the foreseeable future. But, Chemi-a haut State Park is less than 10 miles from us. Perhaps I should get us a picnic basket and make some plans.
6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping...which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?
How about all of the above. We have had several little aggravating carpentry, electrical and plumbing issues since moving in our new house and I have not enjoyed waiting for someone to get here to fix the issue. I just want it fixed and now! ~here we go with the whole patience thing~ Thankfully all of the issues have been resolved now. Well, not quite, we still need landscaping but it is definitely in the planning stage and Hubby will be the overseer of it.
7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?
Funny you would ask...........I was just browsing through one of the many catalogs that came in our mail today. I saw some absolutely gorgeous beaded holiday place mats that were "only" $97 each and I would only want 10-12 of them. Good gracious, how insane!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.